Arts and Crafts
Turning arts and crafts ideas into hobbies while bonding
Combining arts and crafts with a hobby, such as Origami
, sticks with kids throughout their lives and chances are once they’re all grown up, they are passing those fun times on to their own kids! It's a perfect way to indulge in their interests and bond with you at the same time. Yep... I said it... BONDING! I know, bonding takes time and commitment. Maybe it even sounds a little mushy to you; but just think, what kind of world would we have without family bonding... a real war of the worlds, huh? So let's bond with some fun arts and crafts like creating your own comic book
Here are some easy and fun ideas for seasonal and special occasions:
- Save popsicle sticks to create the poles for a tent or tepee... or a fence for under the Christmas tree! Hey that rhymed!
- Recycle greeting cards. Get rid of old messages and add a new one to a matching layer of fresh paper with the original art design. Punch one or two holes in a corner and tie with a simple knotted ribbon. Viola! A pretty ‘like new’ gift card!
- For Father's Day make a bookmark, bonsai tree, or even write poems about Dad - all classified as arts crafts for kids or by kids.
- For Mother's Day expand the list to include quirky paper flowers, clay creations, or an Origami fan.
- Plant a cool-season crop like pumpkins and save the seeds for next summer's seed-spitting contest at the family reunion. ^.^
- Or plant bulbs for next spring's spectacular show of color. Where else are kids encouraged to put their hands in the dirt, touch an earthworm, or spend a morning looking at butterflies?
Unleashing the creative monster with arts and crafts
There’s really no end to the fun that can be had with arts and crafts for kids. It’s the perfect way to unleash the creative monster that lurks inside where they can lord over the rest of the planet for coming up with ‘such a neat idea’! Later... watch the kids grow into the really serious arts and crafts such as metal crafts
, pottery, stained glass
, and intricate Origami
. Just remember to take pictures during the creative process to put in the scrapbook. And if you’re stuck for ideas, simply visit Buzzing Kids World's arts and crafts page under Hobby Ideas or the HowTo category and we’ll help you out.
A hunch is creativity trying to tell you something. ~ Frank Capra