Scrap as an individual or join a club
Lots of people do it individually, but even more people have joined (or formed) clubs for swapping scrapbooking ideas. Enthusiasts of all ages typically meet in someone's home for monthly crop-a-longs; but there are scrapbooking conventions
, and cruises to the Caribbean and Alaska, and weekend sessions at resort hotels for the whole family. Meetings often have a theme, such as pajama party sessions or Hawaiian wardrobe nights. There is always something to snack on while the members clip, snip, paste and share scrapbooking ideas.
Every scrapbook is unique
Some are specifically for school events, others for vacations or specific activities, and many are a family history. They preserve the cherished memories of children growing up and holidays celebrated.
One cable network held an eight-hour scrapbooking marathon. The scrapbooking ideas were extravagant creations with titled pages, journal entries, love letters, artwork, and photos. They were exhaustive records of family memories. The images on this page will give you some scrapbooking ideas for capturing these memorable events.
Being creative or artistic with your pages is lots of fun, but the simple design that gets the job done always beats the fancy one that is left unfinished. It will be a gift to your children and their children as they look back on their growing up experiences. The most important thing is that the stories of the lives illustrated by these scrapbooking ideas are not lost.
Scrapping ideas and tips from craft suppliers:
- Save original art and stories. Do not save coloring book pages and worksheets; instead...
- Reduce the size of artwork. Make a color copy or scan them into smaller versions, preferably on acid free paper.
- If you have many Christmas drawings, for example, tape them to the refrigerator and take a photo of the collection. Add the photo for space saving scrapbooking ideas.
- For the holidays, take plenty of photos and include the best, most colorful ones.
- When on vacation, take plenty of photos; send postcards (see Monthly Project on pg. 2) to your pet(s) and add them to your pet scrapbook or vacation scrapbook
- Other scrapbooking ideas include making a title page for small school pictures from each year. It will let you see how kids change from one year to the next.
- Include party napkins, flattened gift bows, ticket stubs, award ribbons, and other mementos.
- Do not wait too long. Update pages as events occur when it's fresh in your mind rather than waiting until the end of a year.
Sharing scrapbooking ideas as a hobby is another great way of bonding with family members in a buzzing kids world as you gather and share memorable moments while clipping and pasting in scrapbooks together. Whether you're a seasoned scrapper or a newbie, there are special products for scrapbooking ideas to get you on your way.