|Superheroes and Villains: Abilities
Here’s a list of some abilities your characters can have, whether it be what makes them a hero, something they do in their civilian lives or something used in addition to their superpowers.
- Athlete: Professional-level skill in athletics and sports, such as gymnastics, football, track and field, etc.
- Disguise Skills: Able to alter appearance to resemble someone else through use of make-up and masks as opposed to shape-shifting. (Examples: Chameleon, Human Target)
- Marksman: Skill in being able to hit a target in single shot with projectile or throwing weapons. (Examples: Bullseye)
- Martial Arts: Any form of hand-to-hand combat such as karate, kung fu or boxing, character can master one style or several. (Examples: Batman, Shang Chi)
- Mechanic: Can build or repair vehicles and machinery, can also be classified as an inventor. (Examples: Iron Man)
- Medical Training: Knowledge of medical sciences ranging from simple first aid to full doctor. (Examples: Mr. Terrific)
- Military Training: Skills gained from time in the Armed Forces, either the Army, Navy, Marines or Air Force. (Examples: Punisher)
- Pilot: Can fly various types of aircraft, such as planes, helicopters or even space craft. (Examples: Ms. Marvel)
- Politics: Knowledge of government and how it works, as well as ways to get into and stay in office. (Examples: Iron Man, Lex Luthor)
- Scientist: Expert in various fields of science, such as biology, genetics, technology. (Examples: Mr. Fantastic)
- Spy: Can sneak around and gather information without being detected, can also include ninjas. (Examples: Nick Fury)
- Strategist: Ability to come up with plans of attack to take down an enemy with a guarantee of success. (Examples: Captain America)
- Weapons Expert: Skill in use of one or more weapons, can be melee (swords or clubs) projectiles (bow and arrows) or firearms (guns). (Examples: Hawkeye)
Just like with superhuman powers, there are other abilities that can be found in life and in comics but are too many to list. These are just some of the more common ones used. It’ll all help in both creating characters and making ones more interesting and human.