Are you a chocolate freak?
Awesome Witches Hats
We're not talking about Halloween costumes here... we're talking yummies for the tummy! Whether it's awesome witches hats, Mexican fiesta hats or any other kind, all it takes to make these awesome witches hats is a quick trip to the grocery store and a few minutes of preparation - voila! Awesome witches hats - and NO COOKING!
Prep time: Less than ½ hour
- Wax paper
- Small icing tip
- Chocolate covered or double-layered cookies as shown
- Chocolate kisses (unwrapped)
- Chocolate or black icing
Cooking time: 0
These are awesome witches hats - enjoy!
- Place chocolate cookies on wax paper
- Place unwrapped chocolate kiss in center of cookie
- Using the icing tip, attach the kiss to cookie with a 'ribbon' of icing around bottom of kiss
- Add a bow by making a figure 8 (sideways)
- Add wavy icing streamers coming from the center of the 8
- Keep in an airtight container - single level please (don't stack 'em)
This tasty treat can be used year-round for crazy pajama sleepovers and other get-togethers with just a few changes:
- For a Mexican Fiesta sombrero use vanilla wafers or cookies topped with white chocolate kisses. Add a colorful border of icing(s) around the base of the candy kiss to secure it to the cookie; add more colorful icings around the brim.
- For a different look, use gumdrops instead of the chocolate kisses or Reese peanut butter cups for Pilgrim hats; decorate with colorful icings.
- Add some ghoulish goodies for variety
- Wash it all down with a "foggy" witches brew punch
- Get more ideas for hosting a party here
- Now dress-up in your favorite costume or outfit and go party!